Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tis The Season

Ok so I know we haven't even seen Halloween yet, but I think we are pretty much done with Christmas shopping for Wyatt. Last night I sorted through Wyatt's itty bitty baby clothes from last winter and took them to Once Upon A Child (a resale shop for kids stuff, for those of you not familiar). I pulled out the ones that I want to keep for sentimental value and some U of L stuff for my eventual nieces or nephews, but frankly all of our friends and family spoiled him rotten in the first months of his life that he had enough to clothe sextuplets! So Aunt Hope came down to visit today and she ventured out to the resale shop with me. I took in two rubbermaid containers and they took about half of it and gave me a check for $86.25. I was totally psyched! Not only do I not have room to store all of the stuff he's outgrown, that was better than a yard sale and not nearly as much work! So once we had that check in hand, we decided to go ahead and make a trip to Toys R Us to get started on Christmas shopping.

There are still a couple of things that we want to get, and we want to hold back one good thing for his birthday too. I have a feeling he is going to be very spoiled this Christmas so we are trying to pace ourselves.

I took some pictures of him today to show you all how quickly his eye is healing. It looks better every day. The swelling is gone and so are all the scabs from the scratches. All that is left is the dark purple bruise on his eyelid and that is starting to fade out as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wyatt is a lucky little fella! His eye looks great---considering it's only been a week since the mishap! I guess Aunt Rachel will get to spoil him today and I'm sure Aunt Hope spoiled him a little bit yesterday. Like I said "Wyatt is a lucky little fella" Matthew e-mailed me today and he is back in The Netherlands from his travels.
I enjoyed seeing that bright smile on Wyatt's face---It made my day!
Love, Mimi xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooo