I totally forgot to post our latest adoption news. I got an email from our attorney last Tuesday that Wyatt's guardian ad litem had been assigned and that she would contact him and give him our contact info so we can set up a meeting. I still hadn't heard from the guardian on Friday so I called his office and left a message. I'm hoping to hear back from him early this week. As soon as we meet with him, he files a report and once the court reviews his report then they assign us the next available court date. It is my understanding that they do all adoptions one day a month so depending on what time of the month this is, we hope to be finalized by the end of October or sometime in November.
Aunt Hope came by on Wednesday night and brought Wyatt some bath time goodies. On Thursday night Pop came to spend the night so he could stay with Wyatt on Friday while he recuperated from his cold. Pop seemed to enjoy his day having Wyatt all to himself and he didn't run out the door screaming when we got home so I'd say that is a good sign.


On Saturday afternoon Javi and Carol came to visit. We had a late lunch at Johnny Carino's and then walked around Toys R Us for a little while. We baked some cookies for dessert and watched Ironman...what a wild and crazy night! On Sunday morning we went to Golden Corral for breakfast and then Javi and Carol had to head back home to tend to Kelly, Maxim and Paige.


After we parted ways with Javi and Carol we called Mimi to find out how close she was to Lexington. Her friend Theresa was coming to Lexington to visit with her son so mom rode along with her. We picked mom up a little after noon and she ran some errands with us to Target and Sams. A few hours later, Theresa came to pick mom up at Sams and they headed back to Louisville.
Now I'm having fun catching up on laundry and thankfully Wyatt is napping in his swing. Wyatt seemed to quickly recover from his cold. He's on day 3 of 10 for the antibiotic but he's been taking all the medicine I've given him like a champ (for the most part). Hopefully the ear infection will go away and he'll be good as new for daycare this week.
1 comment:
I'm so glad that sicky-poo is feeling better. It was an enjoyable autumn drive and enjoyable visit with you all today. Love and kisses!!
xxxxxxxxooooooooo
Post a Comment