Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloweenie!

I think Wyatt enjoyed his first Halloween. Mimi and Pop came up tonight and picked him up from daycare. Unfortunately they took him to the peds office to get the second half of his flu shot. He took it like a man and soon Mimi and Pop were busy finding out how much Wyatt likes to walk back and forth across the living room REPEATEDLY (holding onto their hands). He got tuckered out pretty quick since he missed his afternoon nap and when I got home Mimi was rocking the sleeping baby in his room. We let him sleep for about an hour until it was time for trick or treating. We woke him up a little after 6pm and he and daddy got dressed for pictures. Aunt Hope came by to eat chili and cornbread with us and of course check out the cutest Yoda on the block!

Wyatt wore his "Little Monster" t-shirt that the Justice family got him. I took some pictures of that this morning since it was likely to come back with food stains by the end of the day. Wyatt has been eating quite a bit of table food this week. I started marking the regular menu at daycare and they have been working with him on eating like a big boy! I talked to Laura, Ella's mom, at the end of last week and realized that I should be trying some new stuff. (Thanks for the advice Laura!) He's had chicken, pork chops, cottage cheese, lima beans, peas, carrots, pears, peaches and a tortilla to name a few. With 7 whole teeth now, I figure he's well equipped to be eating textured foods now. And look how much better his eye looks...you can barely see the bruises anymore!
Outside posing, those ears can put your eye out!Cheesing YodaPosing inside before handing out candyMichael doing battle with the neighbor kids...at least the 8 year olds were impressed with him

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun going trick or treating with the little Yoda and Jedi! The neighborhood was full of kids with darling costumes and some adults dressed up as well---- they had fun gathering candy! There was so many comments about Wyatt's Yoda costume as we walked around with the trick or treaters! Of course Mimi was grinning ear to ear with her little Yoda!!
Happy Halloween!! Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! It has begun. Next thing you know, he'll be wanting his own light saber! :) He looks adorable.
Javy & Carol