Sunday, May 11, 2008

My First Mother's Day!

Well it's a day I've waited for a long time...and it was fantastic! Daddy helped Wyatt make me waffles for breakfast in bed. I did get my Mother's Day present a couple of weeks ago because Wyatt and Daddy couldn't stand to keep the surprise any longer. They picked out a beautiful ring for me. It's a Claddaugh which is an Irish symbol for friendship(hands), loyalty(crown) and love(heart). And the heart is a blue topaz which is Wyatt's birthstone. It's beautiful and perfect!




We spent the day at my sister's house and got to visit with my grandparents, Aunt Julie, cousin Breanna and her kids Hayden, Bradyn and Kaley. My Aunt Mary Kaye, Bob and Nina were there. And my parents and brother and sister were there too of course. My brother got me a bottle of white wine to celebrate with and my sister got me a pretty purple blouse. I was very spoiled today and loved every moment of it.


I also would like to ask all of our friends and family to say a special prayer for Wyatt's birthmother today. We may never get to meet her but she gave us the most special gift I could ever imagine. Wherever you are, God Bless you R.

Thanks to everyone that made this day special for me! (Especially Wyatt!)

6 comments:

Sallie said...

Happy Mother's Day, Nicole!

Collins Family said...

Happy Mother's Day Nicole, I know those are wonderful words to hear and read!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! I know I am late, but still. I will hopefully see you this coming weekend to celebrate Mother's Day a little late. Take care and give my baby boy a kiss from his aunt Hope.

Anonymous said...

It will be a Mother's Day you will always remember in your heart and mind! It was a fun and special day !!!!
We do say special prayers for you and the birth mother that has given us such a special gift. We pray daily and thank the Lord for the gift and blessings of sweet little W.M.S.
Love, Mimi xxxxoooooooo
You need to show Wyatt more pictures of Mimi so he won't pucker up and cry!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, You and I share the special joy of being mothers after long, long years of waiting. We never take these precious children for granted, do we... And the photo of you and Wyatt cheek-to-cheek is great! Blow that one up and frame it. Mary Kaye

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
I love to read your website-almost everytime I remember to pop in here it brings tears to my eyes.Wyatt is such a lucky little boy and he is sooooo cute.Tell everyone I said hello. Love,Gayle