Monday, January 7, 2008

Sunday...day 2 in Wyatt World


Oh I almost forgot to tell you all where we are staying. The hospital here in Ashland has a Hospitality House a block from the hospital that is such a blessing. We were planning on finding a hotel and looking at $70 a night for an indeterminate length of time. As soon as we got in the NICU, before we even finished scrubbing in, the nurses were already calling to get us a room. We came over on Saturday evening and they gave us a tour and showed us to our room. There is a full kitchen for long term stays and everything you could ever ask for. They only ask for a very small "suggested donation" and this is nicer than any hotel we could have found. We are really close by so we've been able to make just about every feeding, every 4 hours since we met the little man. I do get to sleep through the midnight and 4am feedings for now, but to be honest I am kinda looking forward to doing those at home.
Michael found out on Sunday afternoon that he had to report back to work on Monday so he fed Wyatt at 4pm and then we took off for I-64 West to meet Michael's sister Hope who graciously offered to meet us halfway and bring Michael the rest of the way home. I had no brains on Saturday morning and only packed for two days so Hope brought me a bag of stuff to get me through the next couple of days and a cute stuffed Tigger for Wyatt.
I made it back in time for his 8pm feeding and then stayed until 10:15pm snuggling my baby boy. There is a curfew at the Hospitality House so I have to be in by 10:30 every night. I came back here to the room and uploaded pictures and finally fell asleep around midnight.

No comments: