Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sunshine makes me happy...and tired

We had a gorgeous day today so as soon as Wyatt and I got home we went for a wagon ride around the neighborhood. We played in the back yard and Wyatt chased the bubbles. Michael went and refilled the propane tank for our gas grill and cooked some chicken breasts and brats for dinner. The neighbor girls and their dad were outside so they came over to visit for a bit. They offered to let us borrow their toddler sized Little Tikes slide and swing until their soon to be born little boy is ready to use it. Wyatt climbed up one side and slid down the other over and over. He liked the swing too, but didn't like being strapped in to it. I'm quite sure we'll get plenty of good use out of it this summer. Wyatt screamed and threw a temper tantrum every time I tried to bring him in to eat dinner. Finally I asked him if he wanted to take a bath and he said "unh!" which I took to mean yes. He played in the tub for a bit and then we put pjs on and then he ate dinner. I sat him down in the living room to play and read books when I realized it was already 7:15pm. He could barely keep his eyes open so I took him up to his room and he went right to sleep with no fuss at all. Unfortunately I think our warm weather will not last. But hopefully we'll be back to playing outside on a regular basis very soon!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Sounds like Wyatt has a little Spring fever....he'll love being outside! Glad Wyatt and Ella got to spend some time together over the weekend....they are two little sweet peas! Martha

Anonymous said...

I don't blame Wyatt for wanting to stay outside!! It won't be long and we will have plenty of warm and sunny days ahead!! I heard my first lawn mower sound yesterday. Spring is springing up!!!!!
Love, Mimi