Monday, September 7, 2009

Little Artist

We had a great holiday weekend visiting with friends and family. On Saturday morning we got a phone call from garage sale guru and my personal hero, Jessica about her latest find for Wyatt. It was an art desk, one of which she had already found for her daughter. She knew I was looking for something similar so she snagged it for us!We were inspired by her find so we hit a few garage sales in our neighborhood before we went to the grocery Saturday morning. We found a brand new carseat for 30 pounds and up so we'll have an extra on hand and it breaks down into just the booster seat that he'll need until he's much older. Michael spotted an easel with a chalkboard and dry erase sides so we snatched that up too.Aunt Hope met up with us at the grocery and spent the day with us. She even bought Wyatt a Batman t-shirt and so I had to get Daddy one to match. I'm not sure why we've been on a Batman kick lately...guess we are just doing our best to be equal opportunity superhero fans.On Sunday we made our way to Georgetown to pick up the art desk and also to visit Aunt Hope who had slaved over a grill and stove all day cooking some delicious ribs, fajitas, rice and beans. We stuffed ourselves silly and the then Wyatt and I headed to Louisville while Daddy went back home. Wyatt and I went to a cookout at Mary Kaye, Bob and Nina's house. Nina and her friend helped keep up with Wyatt and he played soccer in the backyard with Bob, Nina and Uncle Matt. Nina had gathered a stack of books and dvds for Wyatt that she had outgrown. My Uncle Jerry and his wife had driven from Somerset to join us. When we first got to Mary Kaye's house, Wyatt looked at Uncle Jerry and confusingly asked "Pop?". Jerry is my dad's older brother and there is a strong resemblance so we thought it was really funny and starting calling Jerry "Uncle Pop". We spent the night at Mimi and Pop's and ran some errands around Louisville today with Mimi and Aunt Ray-Ray. Now we're settling in for the night and we'll all head back to work and school looking forward to the shortened week.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I like Wyatt's new desk. He's a big boy especially now that he has his own desk next to mommie and daddy's desk. Great job Jessica (the garage sale guru!!) She can go shopping for me anytime
---I'll get my list ready! It also sounds like you all found some great garage sale items.
I know Hope enjoyed seeing little batman and I know you all enjoyed Hope's cooking. She is a good cook !!! It was a fun weekend!!!
Love, Mimi