Thursday, August 7, 2008

Minor Adoption News...

I got an email from the social worker today telling me that there is a hearing on Wyatt's case next Tuesday! It isn't anything we get to go to, but mainly a planning session to determine what comes next. Originally the social worker was going to wait until after the hearing to tell us what happened since she figured it was just another hoop for them to jump through. But then the agency's attorney mentioned that he thought there was a remote possibility that they may get the termination of parental right (TPR) on Tuesday. He suggested getting the medical form, which would have to be filled out before finalization, in order to show the judge that Wyatt is getting good medical care and is in a good home. One of the benefits of a small town pediatrician is that the doc and staff know Wyatt so they were more than willing to fill out this form for us on short notice. I called this morning to ask how long it would take to have a form filled out and returned and they said to give them 24 hours. Then when I called back to ask if I could fax the forms the lady in the office said "Oh, I didn't know this was for Wyatt! We'll get the doctor to fill it out and fax it right back to you." So we have the form signed and emailed to the social worker so hopefully this is the road to finalization. The TPR is a long shot for Tuesday, but a possibility nonetheless. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have our fingers crossed. I hope this goes well. About time WyMax was made legal. :) Javi

Anonymous said...

I agree with Javi---we will cross our fingers---say our prayers----and finalize this process!!!!!
I like his swimming float---he loves the water!!!
Love, Mimi
xxxxxxoooooooo